Sunday 21 February 2010

R.I.P Alexander McQueen

main_1158

I hope the bloggersphere will forgive me for my tardy post on this recent tragedy which has rocked the fashion world. Conscious not to trivialise this devastating loss and overstate the obvious such as McQueen's genius for innovation I will try to keep this short and sweet. This shocking tragedy has come at a poignant time and only serves to emphasise the tremendous pressure and panic of fashion week. His death seems to drive home the message that to sustain such a level of greatness collection after collection is an immense pressure, and I hope other designers take heed from this. We love him for his creative genius and his amazing contributions to British fashion. He will be remembered as one of the greats; a true British icon. Alexander you will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter